Welcome to the California Grand Invitational! We have a spectacular event planned! This page is a guide to help parents navigate the meet process and learn more about the events of the weekend. Your coach and gym will be the main source of communication between the meet and your team.
We look forward to having you join us at the 2019 California Grand Invitational.
Step One: LIKE us on Facebook!
The California Grand Invitational is on facebook! Tell your friends, family, coaches, gymnasts to LIKE us on facebook to learn more about the weekends events and have some fun! Updates will be posted on facebook throughout the meet plus in the days leading up to the event. Like us at: www.facebook.com/CAGrandInvitataional.
Step Two: Tell your coach you want to attend the CA Grand Invite!
Meet Venue : Anaheim Convention Center
Gold Medal Gymnastics and Coastal Gymnastics is planning a spectacular event for the 2019 California Grand Invitational .
Event / Meet Name: California Grand Invitational
Host Club: Gold Medal Gymnastics
Meet Director: 1996 Olympic Gold Medalist Amanda Borden-Cochran
Gym Website: www.GoldMedalGym.com
Host Club: Coastal Gymnastics
Gym Website: www.CoastalGym.com
Meet Site: Anaheim Convention Center
Venue Address: 800 W Katella Ave, Anaheim CA 92802
Located in the brand new expansion of the Anaheim Convention Center the meet will take place on the 2nd floor of ACC North.
SPECTATOR ADMISSION: Event tickets will be sold at the Convention Center Arena Box Office just adjacent to the meet venue. Coaches and gymnast check in will be at meet entrance. All forms of payment accepted.
Host Hotel : Hilton Hotel Anaheim
The Hilton Hotel is connected to the Convention Center, providing families the ultimate convenience to the California Grand Invitational as well as their weekend activities and events!
Host Hotel: Hilton : Anaheim Convention Center
Venue Address: 777 W Convention Center Way, Anaheim, CA 92802
Hotel block pricing and cancellation details are available on the HOST HOTEL page. We encourage parents to delay making reservations until they receive confirmation from coaches on meet entry acceptance and hotel block instructions.
Important Hotel note for parents! There is a one-day cancellation rate for all reservations to the California Grand Block. We will not be able to approve refunds for families if your club does not get in the meet, otherwise change their mind, or if parents decide not to attend. Please make sure you are making hotel reservations only after you have received confirmation your coaches that they are “in” the meet.
Meet Details: 2019 Meet Registrations
Meet Dates: Friday, January 11, 2019 – Sunday, January 13, 2019
- This as a FRIDAY – SUNDAY event
- Any level/division can be scheduled at anytime throughout the weekend
- Session Summary will be emailed to coaches in December 2018 and published online after coaches verification.
- We will not have any idea what days specific sessions different levels will compete until all registrations are received and verified.
- The earlier we can get final rosters and payments from clubs, means we can start building the meet sessions early!
- Scratch deadline is November 24, 2018. There are NO refunds after the scratch deadline – NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Because we anticipate the meet filling up early, we recommend parents WAIT to make non-refundable travel arrangements until you have received confirmation from your coach to do so. We are unable to help you with any cancellation policies if your gym does not register, get in or scratch from the event.
- Awards ceremony will follow each session. Event medals, All Around medals and Team Awards will be issued.
- Age Divisions are equally distributed among the participants so that MANY medals can be awarded over the weekend.
What you can expect : 2019 Meet Details
As we finalize details for the upcoming 2019 California Grand Invitational, here is a sample of what to expect. Remember, this is a Friday, Saturday, Sunday Meet… any level or division can compete at any time throughout the weekend.
- Coaches Hospitality Suite Powered by Under Armour
- Collegiate Challenge : Saturday 6:00 pm
- Collegiate Challenge FAN FEST : Saturday 3:00 pm – 10:00 pm
- GK Elite Sportwear custom California Grand Leo as gymnast gift
- Coaches Gift of Under Armour apparel in our coaches hospitality area
- GK Elite Sportwear Vendor area
- California Grand Invitational Merchandise area
- 3 competition floors
- and more!
What else was there to do?
Gymnasts, coaches and families staying at the Hilton Hotel : Anaheim will have use of the entire property including fitness center, pools, spa, restaurants, business centers, playground, sports court and more. Located in close proximity of the California Grand Invitational is countless attractions including Disneyland and California Adventures, Knott’s Berry Farm, beaches, shopping and more!