Join us for the 2020 California Grand Invitational! A spectacular event open to all JO Levels 2 – 10 and all Xcel Divisions Bronze – Diamond. The 2020 California Grand Invitational will be a great event to bring your entire team to… and for your team to bring their entire family too!
Nestled in Anaheim, the California Grand Invitational will be held in the new expansion of the historic Anaheim Convention Center. This is a meet, venue and event that will provide families, coaches and teams a great kick off to your Spring Competition season, but also an opportunity for some team bonding, relationship & friendship building and creating memories to last a lifetime.
Make a “weekend” out of this meet… you are sure to LOVE it!
Meet Details : 2020 Registration Deadlines & Costs
Meet Dates: Friday, January 3, 2020 – Sunday, January 5, 2020.
NASTIA LIUKIN CUP QUALIFIER! All Level 10 sessions will be used to qualify athletes to the 2020 Nastia Liukin Cup! The top Junior and top Senior athlete, from all combined sessions will qualify to compete at the Nastia Liukin Cup.
Scratch deadline: November 1, 2019
No refunds for scratches after November 1, 2019 – no exceptions.
$ 125.00 (Level 2 – 5, Xcel Bronze, Silver, Gold)
$ 135.00 (Level 6 – 10, Xcel Platinum, Diamond)
$ 50.00 per team (top 3 scores used – no designation).
WAIVED for early payment received by 9/1/2019.
Deposit : $ 250.00 non-refundable deposits are being accepted to hold a spot for your gym in the meet. Preliminary numbers (by JO Level and Xcel Division) must accompany your deposit. Deposits will be deducted from your final balance due.
- Mail Payment, club information, coaches and preliminary numbers to:
Gold Medal Gymnastics
Attn: 2020 CA Grand
455 E Warner Road
Chandler, AZ 85225
Once your deposit is received, we will contact you with additional details, registration pricing, deadlines and more.
- Early Bird deadline: 9/1/2019 : Team Fee waived when full payment is received by 9/1/2019.
- All teams of 3 or more gymnasts will be automatically entered as a team. If payment not received by 9/1/19, team fee will be $ 50.00 per level/division. No designation required.
- 11/1/19 : Scratch deadline. NO REFUNDS for scratches after 11/1/19. No Exceptions.
- Payments received after 11/1/19 subject to a $ 10.00 per athlete late fee.
- 12/2019 : Welcome Packet and Session Summaries emailed to clubs.
- We will not be able to pre-determine competition sessions until all entries are received, paid and confirmed.
- The sooner coaches register and finalize their rosters, the sooner we can begin creating the session details.
- Wait list : Once the meet is full, gyms may get on a wait list. However, it may not be known if space will be available until the sessions are determined and announced in December 2019.
- ONLINE REGISTRATION ONLY through USA Gymnastics meet reservation system. Athletes must be current members to be registered in the meet. See Meet Registration tips, below, for more details
Open to USAG Women’s Level 2 thru 10, plus all Xcel levels (Bronze – Diamond)
Sanction: This is a foreign sanctioned event. Teams from foreign countries encouraged to participate. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about your team participating in the 2020 CA Grand Invitational.
Meet Format: Modified Capital Cup
Equipment: AAI Elite
Concessions: Available all day
Tons of medals for all age divisions
Refunds for approved scratches will be mailed after the completion of the meet.
Meet Venue : Anaheim Convention Center
Gold Medal Gymnastics and Coastal Gymnastics is planning a spectacular event for the 2020 California Grand Invitational . We encourage you to register early if you would like to join us in 2020!
Event / Meet Name: California Grand Invitational
Host Club: Gold Medal Gymnastics
Meet Director: Amanda Borden-Cochran & Kristin Fanning
Gym Website: www.GoldMedalGym.com
Host Club: Coastal Gymnastics
Meet Director: Ellie Gerber
Gym Website: www.CoastalGym.com
Meet Site: Anaheim Convention Center
Venue Address: 800 W Katella Ave, Anaheim CA 92802
Located in the brand new expansion of the Anaheim Convention Center the meet will take place on the 2nd floor of ACC North.
SPECTATOR ADMISSION: Event tickets will be sold at the Convention Center Arena Box Office just adjacent to the meet venue. Coaches and gymnast check in will be at meet entrance. All forms of payment accepted.
Host Hotel : Hilton Hotel Anaheim
The Hilton Hotel is connected to the Convention Center, providing families the ultimate convenience to the California Grand Invitational as well as their weekend activities and events!
Host Hotel: Hilton : Anaheim Convention Center
Venue Address: 777 W Convention Center Way, Anaheim, CA 92802
We discount parents and coaches to delay making reservations until they receive confirmation from coaches on meet entry acceptance and hotel block instructions.
Important Hotel note for coaches! There is a one-day cancellation rate for all reservations to the California Grand Block. We will not be able to approve refunds for your families if you do not get in the meet, otherwise change your mind, or if your parents decide not to attend. Please make sure your families are making their hotel reservations only after you have received confirmation from us that you are “in” the meet.
Coaches Hospitality : Powered by Under Amour
Coaches get a complimentary visit to the Under Armour Coaches Hospitality.
Coaches gear, athletic wear, and more available as gifts to registered coaches.
Store is exclusive to coaches and not open to the public. Coaches must be on team roster to receive hospitality passes. Additional items available for purchase as well.
Coaching all day at the California Grand Invitational? We got you covered! If you are participating in multiple sessions: food, beverages and snacks will be available for registered coaches during your participating sessions.
What you can expect : 2020 Meet Details
As we finalize details for the upcoming 2020 California Grand Invitational, here is a sample of what to expect. Remember, this is a Friday, Saturday, Sunday Meet FOR SURE… any level or division can compete at any time throughout the weekend.
- Coaches Hospitality Suite Powered by Under Armour
- Collegiate Challenge : session times and assignments to be determined
- GK Elite Sportwear custom California Grand Leo as gymnast gift
- Coaches Gift of Under Armour apparel in our coaches hospitality area
- GK Elite Sportwear Vendor area
- California Grand Invitational Merchandise area
- 3 competition floors
- and more!
What else was there to do?
Gymnasts, coaches and families staying at the Hilton Hotel : Anaheim will have use of the entire property including fitness center, pools, spa, restaurants, business centers, playground, sports court and more.
USA Gymnastics Meet Reservation Tips:
For accurate registration of your club, you are responsible for your entries through the USA Gymnastics Meet Reservation System. Once the sanction is approved, you will be able to enter your team at any time.
- Athlete and coaches memberships must be current as of the meet date in order to register them for the meet.
- Encourage parents and coaches to renew/register their athletes early so you can ensure they are registered for the meet too.
- We cannot hold spots for gymnasts without accurate USAG credentials.
- Coaches can register athletes by level for each meet. (ie: just because they are competing Level 5 in the fall, you can register them for Level 6 at the CA Grand through the meet reservation system and it will not change their level on your roster – just for the CA Grand meet).
- Coaches are responsible for making sure levels are accurate for all athletes through the USA Gymnastics Meet Reservation System
- Scratch deadline will be November 1, 2019. No exceptions!
- There will be no refunds for scratches submitted after November 1, 2019.
- Level change requests are ALWAYS subject to availability.
- It is best that you submit the most accurate roster possible at the time of registration.
- We may not be able to accommodate level changes after the November 1st scratch deadline.
- The California Grand Invitational WILL fill up!
- Early registration is strongly encouraged. Email and mailed in rosters will not be accepted for entries.
- Foreign teams/athletes, must email us at email@example.com to get details about your registration process.